SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2016
9:00am - 2:00pm
A celebration of the arts in honor of Jim Henson, who spent his boyhood in Leland – where he was inspired to create the Muppets. The event features hands-on art activities, live music, a chili cook-off and a kids' fun run.
Schedule of Events:
9:00am - Fun Run
Race starts at the Rainbow Connection Bridge. Participants will run to the Henson Museum and back to bridge. Registration will begin at 8:30am. Advance registration is not needed.
9:00am - 2:00pm
Family activities all day:
- Carnival Games and prizes
- Train Rides around Deer Creek
- Arts Tent with hands-on activities for kids of all ages!
- Arts and Crafts Vendors -- Download the vendor application here.
All Activities are totally FREE!
10:00am - 2:00pm
11:00am - Soup's On! Chili Competitors begin serving
Festival-goers can purchase a tasting spoon and souvenier cup for $5, which provides for unlimited chili tasting and a vote for People's Choice.
2:00pm - Chili winners announced; Vendor booths close and festival ends
- Build a Kermit Visor with the Greenville Junior Auxiliary
- Pumpkin Painting with the Greenville Arts Council
- Read aloud story time on the lawn of the Leland Library
- Scavenger Hunts - bring your library card for access to a special Library Hunt! (if you don't have a card, Washington Co residents can sign up for one at the Library on the day of the festival)
- Pony Rides (10am - Noon)
- Train Rides
- Halloween Costume Photo Booth
- Carnival Games and Prizes
- Movie at the Library - watch Kermit's Swamp Years inside from 10-1pm.
All Kids activities are FREE! Arts Activities made possible through the assistance of our volunteer organizations and a grant from the Kings Daughters and Sons Circle Number Two.
Calling all Cooks! The Frogfest Chili Cook-off is back for its 8th year. Winner will receive a cash prize, and unlimited bragging rights!
Or contact the Chamber to request a cook-off entry packet: email@example.com or 662-379-3764
This festival is sponsored in part through grants from the following organizations: